Create a symmetrical stencil using paper & scissors.
- MB-1116 - Casualware Dinner Plate
- FN-001 - White
- FN-009 - Black
- SC-11 - Blue Yonder
- SC-15 - Tuxedo
- SC-27 - Sour Apple
- SC-74 - Hot Tamale
- SC-75 - Orange-A-Peel
- AC-213 - Sponge on a Stick - 1¼"Diameter
- BT-910 - Synthetic Sponges
- CB-106 - #6 Script Liner
- CB-604 - #4 Soft Fan
- ST-379 - Totem Blanket
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 2 coats of FN-001 White to the top of the plate. Allow to dry.
- Fold a sheet of copy paper into a triangle or square shape. Cut out shapes into the sides of the paper. The color will be the shapes that are cut out and the paper will be the white glaze color.
- Open the paper and press.
- Apply another coat of the base color of FN-001 White to the plate then lay the paper into the wet color. Press with fingers to lay flat, then smooth the paper with a squeegee to remove all air trapped under the paper. Brush on another coat of FN-001 White. This will prevent any leakage of color under the paper and keep the lines crisp.
- Using a CB-106 #6 Script liner, apply 2 coats of the various Stroke & Coat colors (SC-11 Blue Yonder, SC-27 Sour Apple, SC-74 Hot Tamale, SC-75 Orange-A-Peel) to the open sections of paper cuts. After the color loses it's shine, stamp with the ST-379 Totem Blanket Stamp. Use an AC-213 Sponge on a Stick to apply SC-15 Tuxedo to the stamp.
- Remove the paper. The paper should be removed before the color dries to avoid chipping the color. Allow to dry.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 2 coats of FN-009 Black to the back of the plate. Allow to dry.
- ApplyS-2101 Crystal Clear Brushing for a smoother finish.
- Stilt sand fire to shelf cone 06.