Subtle coloring provided by Mr. Bubbles
- MB-885 - Great Shapes Vases
- SC-27 - Sour Apple
- SC-75 - Orange-A-Peel
- SC-76 - Cara-bein Blue
- S-2101 - Crystal Clear Brushing
- BT-910 - Synthetic Sponges
- CB-604 - #4 Soft Fan
- 1/2" Masking Tape
- Foam Coffee Cups
- Cocktail Straw
- Dishwashing Liquid
- Plastic Tablespoon
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Apply 1/2" masking tape to the top outside section of the vase to create a border. Be sure the edges are well secured.
- In a foam cup, mix 2 tablespoons of SC-27 Sour Apple and 2 tablespoons of water together. Also to this mixture add 1 drop of dishwashing liquid. Mix well. Also prepare 2 more foam cups with SC-75 Orange-A-Peel and SC-76 Cara-bein Blue.
- Using a plastic drinking straw, place it in the color mixture and gently blow in air to create bubbles.
- When you have achieved a mound of bubbles over the top of the foam cup, remove the straw and press the vase gently into the bubble mound or roll the vase into the bubbles. This will result in a bigger bubble pattern. Repeat this process with all three colors. Allow to dry thoroughly.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 3 coats of SC-76 Cara-bein Blue to the top section of the inside of the vase, and 3 coats of SC-75 Orange-A-Peel to the top outside section of the vase. Allow to dry.
- Apply clear glaze of choice. Allow to dry.
- Stilt and fire to shelf cone 06.