Lace and Stroke & Coat are used to create physical and visual texture.
- FN-009 Black
- SC-16 Cotton Tail
- AB-834 ¾" Base Coat
- CB-604 - #4 Soft Fan
- BT-910 - Synthetic Sponges
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 2 coats of FN-009 Black to the entire plate. Let semi- dry.
- Apply 1 coat of FN-009 Black to the front of the plate, then press in a piece of lace (flat side down) into the wet glaze. Brush over lace with some FN-009 Black using the AB-834 ¾" Base Coat brush (or any brush that has stiff bristles) so the lace is covered with glaze and is flat.
- Let dry until the gloss leaves the glaze.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 2 coats of SC-16 Cotton Tail to the front of the plate. After the shine leaves the second coat, pull off the lace.
- Optional: If desired for a smoother finish apply 1 coat of clear glaze.
- Stilt and fire to shelf cone 06.