- MB-101 - Coupe Salad Plate 7¾"
- FN-014 - Antique White
- FN-015 - Brick Red
- SC-11 - Blue Yonder
- SC-24 - Dandelion
- SC-34 - Down to Earth
- SC-80 - Basketball
- SC-82 - Tuscan Red
- SC-86 - Old Lace
- AC-230 Clay Carbon Paper
- CB-106 #6 Script Liner
- CB-110 #10/0 Liner
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- BT-910 Synthetic Sponge
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 2 coats of FN-014 Antique White to the front of the plate.
- Place carbon paper and design template on top of the plate and trace on the moon ONLY. Note: DO NOT press too hard and thereby incise into the layer of glaze.
- Blend and apply the following colors with the BT-910 Synthetic Sponge: Moon - SC-24 Dandelion and SC-80 Basketball; Sky - blend from the center of the plate lightest to the darkest colors on the outer edge - SC-11 Blue Yonder, SC-24 Dandelion, SC-34 Down To Earth, SC-80 Basketball, SC-82 Tuscan Red, and SC-86 Old Lace. Let dry.
- Line up the template to make sure the moon lines up with the previously drawn moon and lightly trace the rest of the design onto the plate.
- Scratch in the flow of the pattern being careful to go only to the layer of glaze and not to the bisque. Using the toothpick, remove the top layer of color. Hint: Leave some color to give texture and depth to the design.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 3 coats of FN-015 Brick Red to the back of the plate. Allow to dry.
- Do not apply Clear glaze.
- Stilt and fire to self cone 05/06.