- Last Updated: Wednesday, 14 May 2014 18:39
Non Hazardous Premixed Glazes
Also Contains Fritted Zinc & Manganese
|Prepared:||March 1, 2009|
|Supersedes:||This is the first version|
|Division of Coloramics, LLC|
|4077 Weaver Court South|
|Hilliard, Ohio 43026|
|United States of America|
|Technical Support:||Brickkiln Lane|
|(ph): (44) 01782-219816|
|(fax): (44) 01782-28506|
IN CASE OF EMERGENCY PLEASE CONTACT YOUR LOCAL POISON CONTROL CENTER OR HOSPITAL A&E DEPARTMENT.
SECTION 1: PRODUCT & IDENTIFICATION DETAILS
SECTION 2: COMPOSITION/INFORMATION ON INGREDIENTS
All contents quoted relate to dry weights of product. In the aqueous suspension state, minor amounts of organic binders / biocides and identification dye-stuffs may also be present.
When dry, this material offers the normal hazards associated with any dry powder of a slightly abrasive nature. In dry state, forms low toxicity dust with an occupational exposure value of 10 Mg/M3 (nuisance dust).
Product contains Manganese Dioxide which does not require classification. Constituents have the following individual values:
|Contents||Workplace Exposure Limit (LTE Limit - 8 hour TWA)|
|Manganese Dioxide||0.5 Mg/M3|
SECTION 3: HAZARDS IDENTIFICATION
N/H - Non Hazardous.
SECTION 4: FIRST AID MEASURES
- If inhaled: Seek immediately a source of fresh air. If respiratory tracts are irritated, seek medical advice.
- If on skin: Remove contaminated clothing. Wash the affected area with soap and water. If irritation occurs, seek medical attention.
- If in eyes: Flood with clean water for 15 minutes and seek medical advice if irritation persists.
- If swallowed: Do not induce vomiting. If patient is conscious, give water to drink.
SECTION 5: FIRE FIGHTING MEASURES
This product is not explosive or combustible. Standard fire fighting techniques only are required, i.e. water, sand, carbon dioxide, chemical foam extinguishers etc. Care should be taken to observe the local surrounding area.
SECTION 6: ACCIDENTAL RELEASE MEASURES
Large spillages of slop material should be absorbed with an inert material, e.g. sand. Remove any dry material either by a vacuum cleaner fitted with an efficient filter, or by wet sweeping to avoid creating dust. Any collected waste must be stored in a suitable container prior to disposal.
SECTION 7: HANDLING AND STORAGE
Prevent extensive contact with eyes, skin and clothing. Wash hands/skin after use.
Do not eat, drink or smoke when using this material and keep away from animal feeding stuffs.
Local exhaust ventilation is recommended to comply with occupational exposure limits (see Guidance Note EH40 - latest edition).
Store in secure containers in dry conditions, avoiding extremes of temperature and protect from frost.
SECTION 8: EXPOSURE CONTROLS/PERSONAL PROTECTION
In conditions of spray mist or product dust, local exhaust ventilation should be provided to comply with occupational exposure limits (see Guidance Notes EH40 - latest edition).
- Respiratory Protection: If local exhaust ventilation is not adequate, HSE approved respiratory equipment must be provided.
- Protective Gloves: Gloves (plastic or rubber, cotton lined).
- Eye Protection: Goggles (BS2092, Grade 1: CDM).
- General Protection: Wear appropriate clean clothing such as, but not limited to, overalls, smocks, aprons etc. Wash thoroughly before eating, drinking, smoking or applying cosmetics.
SECTION 9: PHYSICAL AND CHEMICAL PROPERTIES
|Solubility in Water:||Negligible|
|Exposre Properties:||Not Applicable|
|Oxidizing Properties:||Not Applicable|
|Flash Point:||Not Applicable|
10. STABILITY & REACTIVITY
Stable over normal conditions.
11. TOXICOLOGY INFORMATION
No specific data available.
12. ECOLOGICAL INFORMATIONNo specific data available.
13. DISPOSALDispose of as special waste in compliance with local/national regulations.
14. TRANSPORTATIONNon hazardous for transportation - no special precautions required.
15. REGULATORY INFORMATION
N/H - Non Hazardous.
16. OTHER INFORMATION
Product contains an amount of zinc which is fritted and therefore does not require classification under current regulations.
Good industrial hygiene practices are recommended when handling and using this product.
The material must only be used for its stated purpose and the information contained within this data sheet is offered solely for use in the evaluation of this product in respect of safety, health and environmental hazards. It relates only to the specific material designated and may not be valid for such material used in combination with any other materials or in any process, unless otherwise specified.
Due to the many factors outside our control when using this product, we cannot accept liability for any injury, accident, loss or damage caused through its use.