MB-1461 Clay Clipboard
- SC-1 Pink-A-Boo
- SC-6 Sunkissed
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- SC-52 Toad-ily Green
- SC-55 Yella Bout It
- SC-74 Hot Tamale
- SC-75 Orange-A-Peel
- SG-701 Star Dust
- NT-CLR Clear Dipping Glaze or S-2101 Clear Brushing Glaze
- AC-310 Silkscreen Medium
- DSS-0154 Cute Dragons
- RB-144 #4 Soft Fan
- RB-106 #6 Script Liner
- RB-110 # 10/0 Detail Liner
- MC-002 12mm Low Track Masking Tape
- Needle Tool
- Permanent Marker
- Palette Knife
1. Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
2. Take the MC-002 12mm Low Track Masking Tape and cover where the clip will be glued.
3. Take the Pencil and draw a horizontal line down the middle of the Clipboard.
3. To make the fire on the top half, you will need bottles of SC-74 Hot Tamale, SC-75 Orange-A-Peel and SC-6 Sunkissed. Take the bottle of SC-74 Hot Tamale and squeeze out a generous amount over the top third. Repeat with SC-75 Orange-A-Peel over the middle third. Repeat with SC-6 Sunkissed over the bottom third. The top half of the Clipboard should now be almost covered in glaze. Take the Needle Tool and run it through the glaze from the middle of the Clipboard to the top. It should start to look like flames. Take the Clipboard and gently tap the top on a surface so that the glaze starts to run off. Do this until all the glaze has run together and looks like flames. Wipe off any excess.
4. Take the DSS-0153 Cute Dragon screen and locate the castle, dragon with fire and hatching dragon. Draw an outline around them in permanent marker. Cut them out with the excess screen around the edges.
5. Squeeze about two tablespoons of SC-15 Tuxedo onto the plate. Add a pinch of AC-310 Silkscreen Medium. Mix with a palette knife until it becomes the consistency of peanut butter. You may need to add more Silkscreen Medium or glaze.
6. Place the screens in their corresponding locations. Screen one at a time. While holding it firmly in place, take a small amount of the premixed silkscreen medium, and gently rub in circles starting in the center and working outward. Gently pull the screen off to avoid smearing.
7. Using the Detail Liner and yle="font-size: 12.16px;">SC-52 Toad-ily Green, apply two coats to the body and inner ears of both dragons. Use the same brush with SC-55 Yella Bout It to apply two coats to the belly and outer ears of both dragons.
8. Using the Detail Liner and SC-6 Sunkissed, apply two coats to the spines on both dragons. Using the Script Liner, apply two coats to the middle flame coming out of the large dragon's mouth.
9. Using the Script Liner and SC-1 Pink-A-Boo, apply two coats to the mouth of the large dragon.
10. Using the Scrip Liner and SC-74 Hot Tamale, apply two coats to the tongue of the large dragon and the small flames coming out of it's mouth.
11. Using the Scrip Liner and SC-75 Orange-A-Peel, apply two coats to the outer two flames coming out of the large dragon's mouth.
12. Using a combination of the Soft Fan, Script Liner and Detail Liner, apply two coats of glaze to the background on the bottom half of the Clipboard. Apply two coats to the castle, leaving the windows to show the flames. Make some small treed next to the castle.
13. Using the Soft Fan, apply one coat of SG-701 Star Dust over the black background.
14. Using the Soft Fan, apply one coat of S-2101 Clear Brushing Glaze to the teeth of the dragons and the egg or dip into NT-CLR Clear Dipping Glaze.
15. Pull off the tape at the top of the Clipboard.
16. Fire to cone 06.
17. After the Clipboard has cooled, use epoxy to glue on the clip following the directions or refer to 'Clipboard - Attaching the clip' video on the Mayco YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-E3Qb6SQrWE