MB-1362 Garden Bird (right), Bisque
MB-1363 Garden Bird (left), Bisque
S-2101 Crystal Clear Brushing, CG-986 Smoke and Fire, CG-988 Fireflies, SC-6 Sunkissed, SC-14 Java Bean, SC-15 Tuxedo, SC-16 Cotton Tail, SC-23 Jack-O-Lantern, SC-24 Dandelion, SC-34 Down to Earth, SC-55 Yella Bout It, SC-75 Orange-A-Peel, SC-88 TuTu Tango, SC-97 Cant-elope.
CB-110 Liner, CB-220 Detail Liner, CB-404 Pointed Round, CB-602 Soft Fan, CB-604 Soft Fan.
Synthetic Sponge, Tile or Pallet.
- Use a water-moistened Synthetic Sponge to wipe down the bisque to remove any dust and debris from the ware.
- Place out your colors onto a tile for painting. SC-6, SC-24 and SC-97 for bird one; SC-23, SC-75 and SC-88 for bird two.
- Apply three coats of SC-6 Sunkissed to the crown of the head, down behind the eye continuing down the breast and below the wing area of the bird using CB-602 Soft Fan.
Refer to photo. Try to avoid the eye if possible. Wet blend from the bottom of the breast upward with SC-24 Dandelion about halfway up on the breast. Wet blend SC-97 Cant-elope from the bottom upward over the Dandelion about one quarter to the breast. The breast should appear darkest at the bottom of the breast fading upwards to the Sunkissed neck area. Wet blend lightly SC-97 Cant-elope around the beak.
- Apply three coats of SC-23 Jack-O-Lantern to the same areas on the second bird using the same brush. Wet blend as before over the breast with SC-75 Orange Ya Happy about half way from the bottom of the breast. Darken the breast area from the bottom with SC-88 Tutu Tango about a quarter of the way over the breast. Color should appear darkest at the bottom of the breast fading upwards to the neck on the Jack-O-Lantern area. Wet blend lightly SC-88 TuTu Tango around the beak.
- Shade the tufted breast feathers with SC-55 Yella Bout It using CB-404 Pointed Round. Highlight eh tips of the feathers with SC-16 Cotton Tail using CB-110 Liner.
- Paint the beaks with a wash of SC-14 Java Bean using CB-404 Pointed Round. Shade the beak next to head with SC-34 Down To Earth and SC-15 Tuxedo. Paint in a fine line of SC-15 Tuxedo with CB-110 Liner to separate the upper and lower beak.
- Paint in the eyes with SC-14 Java Bean using CB-220 Detail Liner. Shade the eye with thinned SC-34 Down To Earth. Place a highlight in the iris with SC-88 TuTu Tango using CB-110 Liner. Paint in the pupil with SC-15 Tuxedo with CB-110 Liner and add a high light with SC-16 Cotton Tail. Let dry.
- Apply 1 coat of S-2101 Crystal Clear Brushing over the painted areas of the head, beak, breast, eyes and under the wing on what was painted with Stroke and Coat. The clear glaze can overlap past these areas slightly to lighten/ shade the crystal glaze.
- Shake and stir well CG-988 Fireflies. Apply 1 coat of color over the yellow areas overlapping slightly and to the back, wings and tail (all areas not painted) using CB-604 Soft Fan. Try not to get a lot of crystals onto the yellow areas. Apply 2 more coats of glaze with crystals over the back, wings and tail.
- Shake and Stir CG-986 Smoke and Fire. To the Orange bird, apply CG-986 Smoke and Fire as before on the yellow bird.
- Apply one coat of the Jungle Gems Crystal glaze over the Stroke and Coat colors on the breast of the bird.
- Stilt and Fire the pieces to Shelf Cone 05-06.