- MB-1116 Casualware Dinner Plate
- MB-1472 Rustic Ware Pitcher
- MB-1474 Rustic Ware Tumblers
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- SC-27 Sour Apple
- 29 Blue Grass
- SC-75 Orange-A-Peel
- SC-77 Glo-Worm
- SC-89 Cutie Pie Coral
- FN-001 White
- FN-037 Chartreuse
- NT-CLR Clear Brushing or S-2101 Clear Dipping Glaze
- DSS-0140 Southwestern
- AC-310 Silkscreen Medium
- SL-454 Southwest Stencil
- CB-110 #10/0 Liner
- CB-106 #6 Script Liner
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- Palette Knife
- Masking Tape
- Food Coloring
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 Bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove dust.
- Slightly thin FN-037 Chartuese with water. Pour inside the pitcher and the tumblers, turn to coat, pour out the excess, drain. Sponge off drips on the outside of the pieces.
- Pitcher and Tumblers: Pencil a line 1 1/2" from the bottom of the pitcher and 3/4" from the bottom of the tumblers. Adhere tape above the line. Use the Soft Fan to apply three coats of SC-89 Cutie Pie Coral under the tape line. Remove the tape.
- Use a palette knife to mix SC-29 Blue Grass with AC-310 Silkscreen Medium on a palette to the consistency of peaunt butter.
- Using the triangle design motif from DSS-0140 Southwest Designs, rub the thickened SC-29 Blue Grass over the screen with the shiny side up. Place the design at the rim of the tumblers and pitcher. Repeat the design to fill in the space around the rim.
- Use the Liner to apply one coat of SC-75 Orange-A-Peel to the center triangle in the design. Apply SC-77 Glow Worm into the fourth triangle in the design.
- Add a drop of food coloring to S-2101 Clear of FN-001 White, then mix with AC-310 Silkscreen Medium as in step 4. Use to screen the tall cactus (DSS-040 Southwest) to the pitcher and the small cactus to the tumblers. Screen should be used with the shiny side down. This is for color placement only.
- Use the Script Liner to apply two coats of SC-27 Sour Apple to the cacti. Let dry.
- Thicken SC-15 Tuxedo as in step 4, the re-screen the cactus images over the painted cacti with the thickened Tuxedo.
- Dip into NT-CLR Clear Dipping Glaze or use the Soft Fan to apply two coats of S-2101 Clear Brushing Glaze.
- Dinner Plate: Use the Soft Fan to apply three coats of FN-001 White to the top of the plate. Re-wet the glaze with water or watered down White Foundations glaze. Place the SL-454 Southwest Stencil in the center of the plate, press the stencil into the glaze to remove gaps between the stencil and plate.
- Use the Script Liner to apply two coats of each of the following colors: SC-89 Cutie Pie Coral into the largest design section, SC-77 Glow Worm into the next size, and SC-29 Blue Grass into the smallest section. Remove the stencil.
- Use the triangle screens around the edge, as in steps 5 and 6.
- Use the Soft Fan to apply three coats of FN-037 Charteuse to the back and edges of the plate.
- Fire to cone 05/06.