- MB-101 Coupe Salad Plate
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- SC-97 Cant-elope
- SC-73 Candy Apple Red
- NT-CLR Clear Dipping or S-2101 Clear Brushing Glaze
- AC-310 Silkscreen Medium
- DSS-0140 Southwestern
- SL-450 Poinsetta Stencil
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- 2" Foam Roller
- Palette Knife
- Masking Tape
- Pattern: Download
1. Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
2. Download the skull pattern and cut out the shape of the skull and horns.
- Tip: We created our pattern by using a palette knife to mix Silkscreen Medium with SC-15 Tuxedo to the consistency of peanut butter. With Screen the Large Skull image from DSS-040 Southwestern Silkscreen, shiny side down, onto a piece of paper. Make a photocopy of the pattern to use for the project.
3. Use double stick tape to tape the skull pattern in place on the plate, trace around it with a pencil.
4. Position the SL-450 Poinsetta Stencil on the plate and hold it in place with one hand. Use the foam roller to apply SC-97 Cant-elope over the stencil, several times in different directions. Repeat for each image on the plate.
5. Add SC-73 Candy Apple Red to the same roller. Re-position the stencil over the previously stenciled poinsettias and apply color to the center sections of the stencil. Repeat for each image on the plate.
6. Remove the paper, thicken SC-15 Tuxedo with AC-310 Silkscreen Medium as in step 2. Place the Large Skull silkscreen shiny side down onto the penciled area on the plate. Rub the thickened Tuxedo over the skull screen. Remove the screen and clean with water.
8. Use the Soft Fan to apply three coats of SC-73 Candy Apple Red onto the back of the plate. Dip into NT-CLR Clear Dipping Glaze or apply two coats of S-2101 Clear Brushing glaze to the front of the plate.
9. Fire to cone 05.06.