- Last Updated: Friday, 26 April 2013 14:51
A handprint project that involves the entire family. It is fun to look at a piece and know everyone in your home touched the piece and had a "hand" in creating it! This piece uses the different sizes of a families hands to create a sunflower.
- MB-1117 Casualware Charger Plate
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- SC-34 Down to Earth
- SC-39 Army Surplus
- SC-42 Butter Me U
- SC-51 Poo Bear
- SC-52 Toad-ily Green
- NT-CLR Clear One Dipping
- CB-106 #6 Script Liner
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- BT-910 Synthetic Sponges
- Sea Sponge
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Using a pencil, draw a 2 1/2" circle in the center of the platter.
- Use CB-604 #4 Soft Fan to apply glaze to the hand.
- Mom's hands will serve as the front row of petals. Paint the left hand with SC-51 Poo Bear and begin applying prints emanating from the center circle. The bottom of the palm should sit just above the circle. Repeat until the circle is completed. The base of the handprints should touch one another.
- The smallest hands in the family will make the back row of petals. Paint the small hand(s) with a thick coat of SC-51 Poo Bear and position a single print in between each of the front "petals." The palm of the hand should sit in the base of the v-shape that is formed between Mom's two prints. Some overlap is fine, but not needed.
- Ask Dad to complete the center of the sunflower by placing overlapping fingerprints of SC-34 Down to Earth in the center of the flower.
- Using a CB-106 #6 Script Liner with SC-15 Tuxedo add definition to the petals. Begin outlining the front row of petals, then move to the back row.
- Using SC-15 Tuxedo and the CB-106 #6 Script Liner, make a spiral in the center of the flower over Dad's fingerprints.
- Using a sea sponge, alternate sponging SC-52 Toad-ily Green and SC-39 Army Surplus in the area around and outside of the peaks of the petals.
- Using a clean sea sponge, sponge SC-42 Butter Me Up inside the petals where there is white (i.e., between fingers, etc.). Allow to dry.
- Apply NT-CLR Clear One Dipping. Allow to dry.
- Stilt and fire to shelf cone 06.