- Last Updated: Tuesday, 25 November 2014 20:51
You will not come to a stop when working on this teapot.
- MB-1336 Asian Teapot
- SC-6 Sunkissed
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- SC-26 Green Thumb
- SC-50 Orange Ya Happy
- SC-74 Hot Tamale
- CB-106 Script Liner
- CB-604 - #4 Soft Fan
- BT-910 - Synthetic Sponges
- AC-230 Clay Carbon Paper
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Place some FN-009 Black into a small cup and add a little bit of water to slightly dilute it (about 3 parts glaze and 1 part water). It should be the consistency of a coffee cream. Pour this into the teapot and roll around to completely coat the interior of the teapot. Drain out the excess glaze and keep teapot inverted until it has lost its shine. Wipe off any glaze from the outside using a damp sponge. Allow to dry.
- Using a C106 #6 Script Liner, apply 2 coats of FN-009 Black to the spout, handle, bottom, top and to the lid, but not to the knob of the teapot.
- Using aCB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 3 coats of SC-6 Sunkissed to the side that will have the stop light, and 3 coats of SC-50 Orange Ya Happy to the side that will have the men working.
- Using a pencil and AC-230 Clay Carbon, trace on the patterns to each side.
- Cut out the circles for the lens area on the stop sign, wet the area with water, and “glue” the circles in place, pressing firmly so no color will bleed under them.
- Using a CB-106 #6 Script Liner, apply 2 coats of SC-15 Tuxedo to the area around the lens on the stop light.
- Remove the paper cut outs, and clean up any color that might have bleed under the paper.
- Using a CB-106 #6 Script Liner, apply 3 coats of SC-26 Green Thumb to the lower lens on the stop light, and 3 coats of SC-74 Hot Tamale to the top lens.
- Using a CB-106 #6 Script Liner, apply 2 coats of SC-15 Tuxedo to the Men Working pattern.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan and a CB-106 # 6 Script Liner, apply 3 coats of SC-74 Hot Tamale to the side walls on the teapot.
- To the knob, apply 3 coats of a color of your choice: SC-6 Sunkissed, SC-26 Green Thumb, SC-50 Orange Ya Happy or SC-74 Hot Tamale. Allow to dry.
- Stilt & fire to shelf cone 06.