- MB-1412 Beetle Box,
- SS-138 Flat Black, FN-219 Lustre Green,
- CB-404 # 4 Pointed Round, CB-604 # 4 Soft Fan, AB-834 3/4# Base Coat, BT-910 Synthetic Sponge
- Gold Leaf Adheasive, Variegated Gold Leaf, Matte or Gloss Sealer,
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Using both the CB-404 # 4 Pointed Round and the CB-604 # 4 Soft Fan, apply 3 coats of FN-219 Lustre Green to the inside and outside of the box and lid, staying off the beetle.
- Stilt and fire to shelf cone 05/06.
- Using the CB-404 # 4 Pointed Round, apply 1 coat of SS-138 Flack Black to the beedle.
- Using the CB-404 # 4 Pointed Round, apply 1 coat of the gold leaf adheasive, and allow to dry until "sticky" and clear.
- Gently place a sheet of the variegated Gold Leaf sheet over the adheasive, and smooth down with the AB- 834 3/4" Base Coat. Continue untill all the areas have been completed.
- Clean up where the gold leaf meets the glazed areas with a damp cotton swab.
- Seal with a Matte or Gloss sealer of your choice.