- MB-1406 Top Hat
- SC-3 Wine About It, SC-5 Tiger Tail, SC-6 Sunkissed, SC-13 Grapel, SC-15 Tuxedo, SC-16 Cotton Tail, SC-24 Dandelion, SC-29 Blue Grass, SC-32 Bluebeard, SC-33 Fruit of the Vine, SC-37 Ivory Tower, SC-39 Army Surplus, SC-50 Orange Ya Happy, SC-52 Toad-ily Green, SC-53 Purple Haze, SC-55 Yella Bout It, SC-63 Popeye's Favorite, SC-70 Pink-A-Dot, SC-75 Orange-A-Peel, SC-79 It's Sage, SC-85 Orkid, SC-97 Cant Elope, S-2101 Crystal Clear Brushing, FN-001 White, FN-012 Lavender, CG-788 Dutch Enemelware
- BT-910 Synthetic Sponge, DSS-113 Bugs, AC-230 Clay Carbon, AC-310 Silkscreen Medium, CB-110 Liner, CB-106 Script Liner, CB-310 Flat Shader, CB-404 Pointed Round, CB-406 Pointed Round, CB-604 Soft Fan
- Dowload: Pattern
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Apply 3 coats of FN-001 White to the outside of the hat using a CB-604 Soft Fan brush. Let dry.
- Transfer the design onto the hat using AC-320 Clay Carbon paper and a pencil.
- Place some SC-15 Tuxedo on a palette or tile and sprinkle with AC-310 Silkscreen Medium. Using a palette knife mix color ad medium to the consistency of thick peanut butter. If the mix is too thin add more AC-310 Silkscreen Medium or if too thick add more Stroke & Coat. Too thin of a mixture will bleed under the screen and give you a blurred image. Too thick a mixture will make it hard for the product to penetrate through the holes in the screen and give you blank areas in your screen. You can also use SG-401 Black Designer Liner for more color satuation.
- Use the smaller butterflies from DSS-113 Bugs for the hat. Place the butterfly screen onto the patten as marked. Using your finger, rub some of the black mixture over the screen. Lift the screen and clean the screen with water.
- Block in the follwing colors to the various areas noted using a CB-404 or CB-406 Pointed Round, 3 coats each: SC-70 Pink-A-Dot for the Pink Tulip, SC-55 Yella Bout It for the Yellow Tulip and Daffodils, SC-52 Toad-ily Green for the Tulip leaves and stems, SC-79 It's Sage for the Daffodil leaves and stems.
- For shading the Yellow Tulip, use SC-50 Orange Ya happy, SC-97 Cant-elope, and SC-5 Tiger Tail using CB-106 Script Liner or CB-310 Flat Shader. Highlight the top edge of the petals with Sc-37 Ivory Tower using a CB-110 Liner.
- For shading the Pink Tulip, use SC-95 Pinky Swar and SC-3 Wine About It to darken the previous line using a CB-110 Liner. Apply the SC-95 Pinky Swear with heavy lines of color using CB-110 Liner. To separate the petals use thinned SC-3 Wine About It.
- For shading the Purple Tulip, use SC-13 Grapel on the top edge of the flower and SC-32 Bluebeard to shade the shadows and lower portions of the flower using CB-310 Flat Shader.
- For shading the Daffodil, use CB-406 Pointed Round to apply SC-6 Sunkissed over each petal. Then shade the petals next to the trumpet cup portion of the flower with SC-24 Dandelion using CB-310 Flat Shader. Reinforce the shading next with SC-5 Tiger Tail using the Flat Shader. Detail the scalloped portion of the trumpet cup edge with SC-50 Orange Ya Happy using CB-110 Liner. Reinforce the highlight edges with SC-55 Yalla Bout It and thinned SC-75 Orange-A-Peel.
- With your thinned SC-75 Orange-A-Peel, apply a coat to the open sections of the Butterfly using CB-110 Liner.
- Shade the recessed areas of the tulip leaves with thinned SC-29 Blue Grass. Detail the tulip leaves with thinned SC-39 Army Surplus and reinforce the shading with thinned SC-63 Popeye's Favorite using CB-110 Liner. To the Daffodil leavs use only thinned SC-63 Popeye's Favorite.
- Mix and stir CG-788 Dutch Enamelware very well. Pour some color onto a tile. Apply one coat to the band section of the hat using CB-406 Pointed Round or CB-604 Soft Fan. Evenly disperse the cryctals around the band area. If there are any sparse areas, go back and apply some crystals to even out the placment. Let dy.
- Apply one good coat of SC-85 Orkid over the banded crystal glaze area using CB-604 Soft Fan. Let dry.
- Shade on top and bottom edges of the Orkid area with Sc-53 Purple Haze.
- Stilt and fire to shelf cone 05/06.