- MB-1411 Pencil/Crayon Bank
- SC-15 Tuxedo, SC-54 Vanilla Dip, SC-97 Cant-elope, SG-401 Black, S-2101 Crystal Clear Brushing
- BT-910 Synthetic Sponge, CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, CB-106 #6 Script Liner, AC-230 Clay Carbon Paper
- Download: Pattern
- Begin with a properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Using CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, brush 3 coats of SC-54 Vanilla Dip to the top, middle section of the pencil. Don't worry about going over the edges as the next colors will cover it.
- Using CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, brush 3 coats of SC-97 Cant-elope to the sides of the pencil.
- Using CB-106 #6 Script Liner, brush 2 coats of SC-15 Tuxedo to the tip of the pencil, adding in some SC-54 Vanilla Dip to soften the black.
- Using a pencil with AC-230 Clay Carbon Paper, transfer the pattern (quote) to one side of the vase. Or outline just with a pencil "a penny saved is a penny earned", or which ever saying you choose directly onto the glaze.
- Outline the text using SG-401 Black. Allow to fully dry.
- Using CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 2 coats of S-2101 Crystal Clear Brushing or dip in clear glaze.
- Stilt and fire to cone 05/06.