- MB-1394 Squirrel Box
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- SC-16 Cotton Tail
- SC-14 Java Bean
- SC-35 Gray Hare
- S-2101 Crystal Clear Brushing
- BT-910 Synthetic Sponge
- CB-110 #10/0 Liner
- CB-106 #6 Script Liner
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
Designer: Marcia Roullard
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Using CB-604 Soft Fan brush on 2 coats of SC-35 Gray Hare to the back, tail, arms, legs and head on the top of the box; apply 2 coats to the outside of the bottom half of the box.
- Using CB-604 Soft Fan brush on 2 coats of SC-16 Cotton Tail to the face and stomach.
- Mix a little SC-16 Cotton Tail into some SC-35 Gray Hare on a palette. Using CB-106 Script Liner, brush this mixture over the previous two coats of SC-35 Gray Hare to create a mottled fur effect. Apply in a consistent direction: up the tail, down the arms, etc.
- Thin SC-15 Tuxedo with water and use CB-106 Script Liner to shade the white areas of the squirrels body. Add thinned tuxedo to the crease and crevices on the body to provide depth.
- Use CB-110 Liner apply SC-15 Tuxedo to detail lines on the squirrel's body and highlight facial features (see image). The eye is SC-14 Java Bean.
- Use CB-604 Soft Fan to apply two coats of S-2101 Crystal Clear Brushing to the entire inside surfaces of the box (top and bottom halves).
- Apply one coat of S-2101 Crystal Clear Brushing to the outside halves of the box.
- Fire to cone 05/06.