MB-1506 Stretch Cat Planter/Container
S-2101 Crystal Clear Brushing, FN-08 Brown, FN-013 Light Yellow, SC-13 Grapel, SC-14 Java Bean SC-15 Tuxedo, SC-24 Dandelion, SC-28 Blue Isle, SC-30 Blue Dawn, SC-53 Purple Haze, SC-91 Sea Breeze, SC-93 Tip Taupe, SC-96 Aqu-ward, SG-406 Brown, SG-411 Purple.
CB-110 Liner, CB-404 Pointed Round, CB-604 Soft Fan.
Plastic Cup (4 oz.), Pencil, AC-230 Clay Carbon, Scissors, Tile or Pallet, Synthetic Sponge, Clean-up Tool
- Pattern: Download
- Use a water-moistened Synthetic Sponge to wipe down the bisque for any dust and debris. Check the inside cavity as well for any debris.
- In a Plastic Cup mix FN-08 Brown with some water to a melted ice cream consistency. Pour the thinned glaze into the ware. While working quickly, rotate the piece to get full coverage with the glaze. Pour out excess glaze and invert to dry. Wipe off any spills from the outside of the ware with a moistened Synthetic Sponge.
- Using CB-604 Soft Fan to apply 3 coats of FN-013 Soft Yellow to the entire outside of the ware. Load the fan brush with glaze and tip one corner with SC-93 Tip Taupe. Wet blend and shade around the neck, feet, and ears.
- Cut out the paisley pattern for ease of placement around the ware. Using a pencil and AC-230 Clay Carbon to transfer the pattern in a repeating placement around the middle portion of the cat. The filler flowers and leaves can be placed to fill in the pattern. The leaves portion can be shortened or lengthened to fill in any given areas needed.
- The daisy flowers in the paisley are painted in with SG-411 Purple. Keep the lines as fine as possible for a delicate look. Centers of the daisy flower are a dot of SC-24 Dandelion done with the brush handle
- To the outer area of the paisley and larger floating flowers apply 2-3 coats of SC-53 Purple Haze using CB-404 Pointed Round. Use CB-110 Liner to apply 1 coat of SC-91 Sea Breeze to the scallops around the paisley. The inner area around the paisley teardrop is 1 coat of SC-28 Blue Isle applied using CB-404 Pointed Round. All leaves in the pattern are 1 coat of SC-96 Aqu-ward applied with CB-110 Liner. The five petals “dot” flowers are SC-30 Blue Dawn applied with the handle of a small brush. Centers are a dot of SC-24 Dandelion.
- Outline all of the lines of the pattern with SG-406 Brown. Keep the lines as fine as possible.
- Place a dot of SC-13 Grapel between each of the scallops on the outer edge of the paisley.
- Paint in the iris of the eye with SC-13 Grapel and SC-53 Purple Haze using CB-404 Pointed Round. The pupil and eyelash line is SC-15 Tuxedo using CB-110 Liner. Scratch out a highlight in the pupil with a Clean-up Tool.
- Thin some SC-14 Java Bean and paint in the nose with CB-404 Pointed Round. Shade the edges with SC-15 Tuxedo. Outline and paint in the nose and mouth with SC-15 Tuxedo using CB-110 Liner. The whiskers are SC-83 Tip Taupe painted with CB-110 Liner.
- In a cup thin some S-2101 Crystal Clear Brushing to a melted Ice cream consistency and apply 1 coat over the outside of the cat.
- Stilt and Fire the ware to Shelf Cone 05-06.