MB-1461 Clay Clipboard
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- SC-41 Brown Cow
- SC-48 Camel Back
- SC-54 Vanilla Dip
- NT-CLR Clear Dipping Glaze or S-2101 Clear Brushing Glaze
- DSS-0153 Farmhouse
- RB-144 #4 Soft Fan
- RB-106 #6 Script Liner
- RB-110 #10/0 Detail Liner
- AC-310 Silkscreen Medium
- MT-002 Wood Grain Mat
- Permanent Marker
- X-ACTO Knife
- Palette Knife
1. Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove dust.
2. Using the Soft Fan, apply one coat of SC-54 Vanilla Dip to the front of the Clipboard. Allow it to dry.
3. Using the Soft Fan, apply another coat of SC-54 Vanilla Dip to the front of the Clipboard. Before it is dry, use the Script Liner to apply SC-41 Brown cow and SC-86 Old Lace in random vertical strokes. Use the Soft Fan to blend the colors before they dry.
4. Squeeze around a Tablespoon of SC-48 Camel Back onto the plate. Take MT-002 Wood Grain Mat and place it design-side up. Take the Sponge on a Stick and gently dab the bottom of the sponge into the glaze. Blot off any excess onto the bare portion of the plate, then sponge onto the stamp. Take the stamp and gently press onto the Clipboard.
5. Take DSS-0153 Farmhouse silkscreen and locate the cow, weather vane and "Farm to Table" images. Draw an outline around them in permanent marker. Cut them out with the excess screen around the edges.
6. Use a pencil to make a square on the clipboard where the images will be screened ("Farm to Table" is top left, weather vane is top right, and cow is at the bottom). Make sure the square is big enough for the entire image. Use an X-ACTO Knife to scrape away most of the glaze from the box. Using the Script Liner and SC-86 Old Lace apply two coats of glaze to each of the three boxes. Allow glaze to dry completely.
7. Squeeze about two Tablespoons of SC-15 Tuxedo onto the plate. Add a pinch of AC-310 Silkscreen Medium. Mix with a palette knife until it becomes the consistency of peanut butter. You may need to add more Silkscreen Medium or glaze.
8. Place the screens over their corresponding squares. Screen one at a time. While holding it firmly in place, take a small amount of the premixed silkscreen medium, and gently rub in circles starting in the center and working outward.
9. Use the X-ACTO Knife to remove the glaze at the top of the clipboard, where the clip will sit.
10. Using the Soft Fan and SC-15 Tuxedo, apply one coat to the edges of the Clipboard.
11. Using the Soft Fan, apply two coats of S-2101 Clear Brushing Glaze or dip into NT-CLR Clear Dipping Glaze. Do glaze portion where the clip will be placed.
12. Fire to Cone 06.
13. After the Clipboard has cooled, use epoxy to glue on the clip following the directions or refer to 'Clipboard - Attaching the clip' video on the Mayco YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-E3Qb6SQrWE