- MB-1425 Fish Vase
- EL-103 Sea Spray
- S-2714 Herb Garden
- PC-601 Clear Cascade
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- SC-16 Cotton Tail
- SC-65 Peri-Twinkle
- UG-50 Jet Black
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- CB-110 #10/0 Liner
1. Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 Bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
2. Use the Soft Fan Brush to apply one coat of UG-50 Jet Black inside the neck of the vase.
3. Use a circle template to enlarge the area around the eye with a pencil. Use the Liner to apply two coats of SC-16 Cotton Tail to the whites of the eye. Apply two coats of SC-65 Per-twinkle to the iris. Fill in the pupil and outline the eye with SC-15 Tuxedo.
4. Use the Soft Fan to apply two heavy coats of EL-103 Sea Spray to the fish. Brush over the eye area with one of the coats, but not as heavily.
5. Use the Soft Fan to apply one coat of S-2714 Herb Garden to the fish, avoiding the eyes.
6. Use the same brush to apply one more coat of EL-103 Sea Spray to the fish.
7. Use the Soft Fan to apply a heavy coat of PC-601 Clear Cascade to the top third of the fish. Make sure the glaze drips down the fish. Let dry.
8. Wet a section of cheesecloth then alter the pattern by pressing the fabric into a grid pattern. Squirt SC-15 Tuxedo onto a plate and dip the cheesecloth into the Tuxedo to saturate, then open the material. If necessary, remove some of the Tuxedo with your fingers. Lay the cheesecloth onto the fish in a horizontal position. Press with a paper towel to transfer the pattern. Turn the fish over to continue the process.10. Thin EL-103 Sea Spray slightly, pour to the inside of the fish, turn to coat, pour out the excess and drain.
9. Fire to cone 06.