- 6" Tile
- FN-001 White
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- SC-74 Hot Tamale
- SC-76 Cara-Bein Blue
- AC-310 Silkscreen Medium
- DSS-0105 Stripes Silkscreen
- DSS-0109 Aviary-Large Birds Silkscreen
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- CB-106 #6Script Lilner
- Palette Knife
- Rubber Squeege (optional)
- Small Star Paper Punch
- Fine Grit Sandpaper
- Low-tack Tape
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Use the Soft Fan to apply two coats of FN-001 White.
- Tape off a section for the blue portion of the flag.
- Using a palette knife, mix SC-74 Hot Tamale with AC-310 Silkscreen Medium to the consistency of peanut butter. Use the large stripes from DSS-0105 Stripes with the shiny side up (more glaze will pass through the screen with the shiny side up). Position the silkscreen onto the tile and rub the thickened Hot Tamale through the screen with your finger or a rubber squeege. Remove and gently wash the screen.
- Remove the tape. Punch out four paper stars. Wet the stars with water then stick to the white glaze. Gently press with a paper towel to remove the excess water and ensure edges are sealed. Use the Soft Fan to apply one or two coats of SC-76 Cara-Bein Blue. Remove the paper stars.
- Glaze must be dry for this step. To make the flag worn looking, lightly sand off some of the color without sanding the FN-001 White.
- Using a palette knife, thicken SC-15 Tuxedo with AC-310 Silkscreen Medium to the consistency of peanut butter. Place the eagle silkscreen from DSS-0109 Aviary-Large Birds over the red and white stripes with the shiny side down. Rub the thickened Tuxedo over the screen. Remove and gently wash the screen.
- Fire to cone 05/06.