SW-130 Copper Jade
SW-204 Amber Topaz
UG-50 Jet Black
SW-301 Iron Wash
CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
AC-310 Silkscreen Medium
Sponge on a Stick
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Lay MT-013 Honeycomb Mat on the table and use a sponge on a stick to apply SW-301 Iron Wash to the Mat. I just applied to a section in the middle to avoid and stark straight lines on the tumbler. Repeat and add sections around tumbler. Feel free to leave blank spaces and even overlap the design in some sections. (Layering the stamping and bee silkscreen will enhance the movement of the screen design, so if you want more clear screened imaged, we recommend leaving blank areas to screen the bees.
- Sprinkle AC-310 Silkscreen Medium onto some UG-50 Jet Black and use a palette knife to mix until the mixture has just lost a smidge of shine (it should not be matte!)/to the consistency of peanut butter
- Apply the bee screen to the bisque smooth/shiny side down. Use your finger to rub some of the thickened underglaze through the screen. Repeat as desired around the vase. You may need to rinse and dry the screen every 2-3 transfers.
- Let dry completely.
- Apply 2 coats of SW-204 Amber Topaz to the outside of the tumbler. Leave about 1/2” from the top lip and ¼” from the bottom and leave the very bottom unglazed. Be cautious when applying the fires coat as to not smear your design. We recommend working quickly and not over brushing.
- Apply 3 coats of SW-130 Copper jade to the inside and outside 1/2” lip/
- Use a clean sponge to wipe the bottom clean any glaze that may have gotten out of place.
- Let dry completely and fire in oxidation to cone 6.