SB-119 9” Serving Bowl
- SW-140 Matte Black
- SW-146 Aurora Green
- SW-210 Emerald
- SW-250 White Opal
- SW-123 Sapphire
CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
BT-910 Synthetic Sponge
Designer: Laura Fraedrich
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Using the CB-604 Soft Fan Brush, apply 3 coats of SW-140 Matte Black to the back side of the bowl, leaving the bottom and foot unglazed.
- Using the CB-604 Soft Fan Brush, apply 3 coats of SW-146 Aurora Green to the inside of the bowl. Make sure you have plenty of crystals in your coats. Let dry.
- Using the Soft Fan brush, apply 2 heavy coats of SW-210 Emerald to the upper rim of the inside of the bowl about 2 inches wide.
- Using the Soft Fan brush, apply 2 heavy coats of SW-250 White Opal right below the band of Emerald, about 2 inches wide.
- Using the Soft Fan Brush, apply 2 heavy coats of SW-123 Sapphire to the rest of the inside of the bowl.
- Wipe off any excess glaze from the foot of the teapot with a damp sponge.
- Do not stilt or hang over the edge of the kiln shelf.
- Fire to cone 5/6.