- Last Updated: Wednesday, 23 May 2012 18:21
Foam stamps and blended colors make this project.
- MB-1071 - 18" Oval Platter
- SC-74 - Hot Tamale
- SC-75 - Orange-A-Peel
- SC-76 - Cara-bein Blue
- S-2101 - Crystal Clear Brushing
- CB-604 - #4 Soft Fan
- BT-910 - Synthetic Sponges
- Paper Towel
- Assorted Styles of Foam Stamps
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- For this technique it is recommended to use colors with deep pigment.
- Condition a sponge by wetting with water. Squeeze out all the water then roll in a paper towel to remove any remaining moisture.
- Place the following colors onto a palette: SC-74 Hot Tamale, SC-75 Orange-A-Peel and SC-76 Cara-bein Blue.
- Using the conditioned sponge, pick up one of the colors at a time and sponge the color onto the stamp. Repeat with the remaining colors till all of the stamp is covered.
- Position the stamp onto the piece. Using your fingertips, press the stamp all over the back surface of the stamp. Remove the stamp.
- Repeat steps #5 and #6 till the piece is covered with the desired amount of stamping.
- Clean the sponge and stamps.
- Using a conditioned sponge, pinch the sponge and load it with SC-76 Cara-bein Blue. Run the sponge around the outside edge of the piece creating a border. Allow to dry.
- Apply 2 coast of S-2101 Crystal Clear Brushing to all sides of the platter. Allow to dry.
- Stilt and fire to shelf cone 06.