- Last Updated: Friday, 10 May 2019 15:18
MB-1307 Handled Platter
- FN-001 White
- FN-002 Yellow
- FN-054 Pistachio
- FN-041 Medium Blue
- SC-36 Irish Luck
- SC-12 Moody Blue
- RB-110 #10/0 Liner
- RB-106 #6 Script Liner
- RB-140 #8 Soft Fan
- Pattern: Download
Designer: Marcia Roullard
- Begin with properly fired cone 04 bisque. Moisten a sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Cut out the flower, lemon and leaf shapes from the pattern. The shapes should be the whole shape of the flower, lemon, and leaves.
- Trace the pattern onto the platter with Clay Carbon paper.
- Use the Script Liner to apply two coats of FN-001 White to the flower shapes, going past the pencil lines of the pattern. There are 12 flowers -- this is important to know for later. It is also beneficial to photograph the plate as you move through the decorating process.
- Wet the paper flowers and adhere them in place over the glazed surface. Gently press with a paper towel to remove excess water and ensure edges are sealed.
- Use the Script Liner to apply three coats of FN-054 Pistachio to the leaves. Wet the paper leaves adhere into place on the platter.
- Use the same brush to apply three coats of FN-002 Yellow to the lemons. We the paper lemons and adhere into place. Gently press with a paper towel to remove excess water and ensure edges are sealed.
- Use the Soft Fan to apply three coats of FN-041 Medium Blue over the exposed areas of the platter, going over the paper pieces. Before the third coat of glaze is dry, remove the paper lemons, leaves and flowers. It is important to remove all the paper. Count the flowers and the leaves, it’s hard to miss the lemons as they are sizable. If you should leave on a paper piece, during the firing the paper will burn away but the glaze on top of the paper will end up on the tray.
- Add veins to the leaves using the Liner and SC-36 Irish Luck. Use the tip of a brush handle and SC-12 Moody Blue to add dots to the centers of the flowers and the sides of the lemons.
- Use the Soft Fan to apply three coats of FN-001 White.
- Fire to cone 05/06.