- Last Updated: Tuesday, 07 May 2019 13:35
- MB-1307 Handled Platter
- EL-110 Mudslide
- EL-209 Night Sky
- PC-602 White Cascade
- CC-107 Green Tea
- CC-108 China Sea
- FN-304 Black Velvet
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- RB-144 #4 Soft Fan
- RB-110 #10/0 Liner
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 Bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Sketch three random size sections on the platter
- Using the CB-604 Soft Fan Brush, apply three coats of EL-110 Mudslide to a portion of the platter.
- Using the same brush apply three coats of EL-209 Night Sky to the second section of the platter overlapping onto Mudslide.
- Brush the remaining section of the platter with two coats of CC-108 China Sea. Then apply two coats of CC-107 Green Tea over the CC-108 China Sea and overlap onto the Element colors.
- In the area where the colors meet, plop PC-602 White Cascade with the CB-604 Soft Fan Brush. Using the same brush, add plops of Mudslide and Night Sky over the wet White Cascade.
- Plop PC-602 White Cascade on the inside edge of the platter. While wet, streak with SC-15 Tuxedo over the Cascade use CB-110 Liner. Also, plop EL-209 Night Sky over the White Cascade on the edges.
- Heavily vein the Cascade area on the platter with SC-15 Tuxedo using CB-110 Liner.
- For added interest, fling White Cascade onto the tray with the CB-604 Soft Fan.
- Remove excess glaze from the back of the platter.
- Using the CB-604 Soft Fan Brush apply three coats of FN-304 Black Velvet to the back of the platter.
- Stilt and fire to cone 06.
- After firing, apply slightly thinned black acrylic to the crackle glaze area, wipe off to reveal the cracks.