- Last Updated: Friday, 31 March 2017 15:57
- MB1116 Casualware Dinner Plate
- FN01 White
- SC14 Java Bean
- SC34 Down to Earth
- SC80 Basketball
- SG402 White
- S2101 Crystal Clear Brushing Glaze
- CB106 #6 Script Liner
- CB110 #10/0 Liner
- CB202 #2 Liner
- CB406 #6 Pointed Round
- CB604 #4 Soft Fan
- BT910 Synthetic Sponge
- AC230 Clay Carbon Paper
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Apply 2-3 even coats of FN-001 White to the entire piece using CB-604 Soft Fan. Let dry.
- Trace the pattern onto the ware using AC-230 Clay Carbon and a pencil. Do not trace the hip section or front paws.
- Apply 3 coats of SC-80 Basketball to the fox excluding the eyes, eye markings above the eye, facial muzzle, nose, ears and white portion of the tail using CB-406 Pointed Round and CB-604 Soft Fan. Apply 3 coats to the back of the plate as well.
- Using CB-406 Pointed Round tipped in SC-80 Basketball, shade the upper edge of the white markings over the eye and along the top edge of the facial muzzle.
- Paint in the iris of the eye with SC-14 Java Bean. Highlight the iris with a bit of SC-75 Orange-A-Peel and shade the outside edge with SC-34 Down to Earth using CB-202 Liner. Paint in the pupil and the top eye lash with SC-15 Tuxedo. Shade the eyebrows with SC-14 Java Bean and detail with SC-34 Down to Earth. Notice that there are slivers of white around the eye. If they have been painted over and no highlight in the pupil is visible, use some SG-402 White to accomplish this.
- Retrace of freehand in the hip and front paws on the pattern.
- Shading of the fox is done with CB-406 Pointed Round tipped in SC-14 Java Bean along the edges behind the ears and all around the head, both sides of the tail excluding the white portions on the inner edge, both sides of the hip, along the lower edge areas around the front feet.
- Use some SC-34 Down to Earth to strengthen the shading between the hip and tail. Shade the front portion of the paws and darken with some SC-15 Tuxedo. Detail the pattern with SC-34 Down to Earth using CB-110 Liner. Thin some SC-15 to a dirty water consistency and paint in some shadow hair lines in the white portion of the tail using CB-110 Liner.
- Shade the inner portion of the ears with thinned SC-15 Tuxedo using CB-406 Pointed Round tipped with color. Detail the ears with SC-15 Tuxedo full strength using CB-110 Liner.
- Using CB-406 Pointed Round tipped in thinned SC-15 Tuxedo too shade the nose bridge and along the edges of the nose. Detail the nose with SC-15 Tuxedo full strength.
- Thin some S-2101 Crystal Clear Brushing and apply one thin coat over the entire plate using CB-604 Soft Fan.
- Stilt and Fire to Shelf Cone 05/06.