- Last Updated: Monday, 13 March 2017 14:14
- MB-101 Coupe Salad Plate
- SC-14 Java Bean
- SC-15 Tuxed
- SC-16 Cotton Tail
- SC-24 Dandelion
- SC-27 Sour Apple
- SC-33 Fruit of the Vine
- SC-34 Down to Earth
- SC-35 Gray Hare
- SC-97 Cant-elope
- NT-CLR Clear Dipping Glaze
- CB-110 #10/0 Liner
- CB-106 #6 Script Liner
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- AC-230 Clay Carbon Paper
- Small Circle Punch
- Pattern: Download
Designer: Marcia Roullard
1. Begin with a properly fired shelf cone 04 Bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove dust.
2. Use the Clay Carbon Paper to trace the pattern onto the plate.
3. Load the CB-106 Liner with SC-33 Fruit of the Vine. Press, pull and lift the brush to stoke in the petals of the lilacs. Use the Script Liner to apply two coats of SC-24 Dandelion on the yellow flowers. Use Liner to stroke in lines from the center to the end of the petals with SC-97 Cant-elope.
4. Use the Script Liner to apply two coats of SC-27 Sour Apple to the leaves and stem.
5. We used all brush strokes to create the fur on the sloth. Use the Script Liner with SC-14 Java Bean and SC-34 Down to Earth to create the fur. Use the Liner to add brushstroke lines of SC-15 Tuxedo around the eyes. Use stokes of SC-35 Gray Hare and SC-14 Java Bean, thinned, for the gray area of his face. Use SC-35 Gray Hare for the top of his head and SC-14 Java Bean without water for the darker fur.
6. To create the body fur, use the Script Liner to apply strokes of SC-14 Java Bean, SC-34 Down to Earth and SC-35 Gray Hare (one coat).
7. Punch out small circles, saving the negative of the punched paper. Brush one coat of SC-16 Cotton Tail on the plate to the areas that will be under the dots. Press the paper dots into the wet Cotton Tail. Do this one at a time to ensure the glaze is wet. Scatter the dots on the background of the plate. Apply two coats of SC-15 Tuxedo over the open dot of the paper, then remove the paper.
8. Apply one coat of SC-34 Down To Earth to the eyes. Use SC-15 for the pupils and outline the eyes. Apply one coat of SC-14 Java Bean to the nose. Outline the flowers, mouth line and nose with SC-15 Tuxedo. Use CB-110 Liner for outlining.
9. Use the Soft Fan to apply three coats of SC-97 Cant-elope to the back of the plate. Dip into Clear Glaze.
10. Fire to cone 05/06.