- Last Updated: Wednesday, 08 February 2017 18:35
- MB-101 Coupe Salad
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- SC-16 Cotton Tail
- SC-24 Dandelion
- SC-88 Tu Tu Tango
- SC-97 Cant-elope
- FN-034 Big Blue Sky
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- Chicken Feather (Hobby Lobby)
- Palette Knife
- Pattern: Download
1. Remove dust with a damp sponge on 04 bisque.
2 Cut out the pattern of the skull and place on the center of the plate, then trace around with a pencil.
3. Use the Soft Fan to apply two coats of SC-16 Cotton Tail to the traced skull area, go slightly past the pencil lines. Let dry a bit then brush the area with water and place the paper skull pattern onto the painted area. Press down firmly with a paper towel to remove excess water and ensure the edges are sealed.
4. Use the Soft Fan to apply two coats of SC-24 Dandelion around the edges of the plate. Add SC-88 Tu Tu Tango one side of the brush and apply two coats around the plate. These colors should extend into the plate about 1 3/4 inches from the rim.
5. Break the spine of the chicken feathers in several places so they will curve. Wet your fingers then shape one side of the feather so they separate nicely.
6. Placethe shaped feather into the wet glaze on the rim,. Use only half of the feather, leaving the other half hanging over the edge of the plate. Continue around the plate, brush over the feather with the glaze that is beneath it so it stays in place.
7. When the glaze is dry to the touch, use the Soft Fan to apply three coats of FN-034 Big Blue Sky over the top of the plate.
8. When the glaze loses its gloss remove the feathers and the paper skull.
9. Thicken SC-15 Tuxedo with AC-310 Silkscreen Medium using a palette knife, to the consistency of peanut butter. With the shiny side down, place the large skull screen from DSS-0140 Southwestern in the space on the plate from the paper template. Rub the mixture over the screen with your fingers. Gently clean the screen.
10. Use the Soft Fan to apply three coats of SC-97 Cant-elope onto the back of the plate.
11 Fire to cone 05/06.