- Last Updated: Wednesday, 21 December 2016 21:20
- MB-1115 Casualware Salad Plate
MB-112 Latte Mug
- FN-011 Light Blue
- SC-6 Sunkissed
- SC-27 Sour Apple
- SC-89 Cutie Pie Coral
- SG-401 Black Designer Liner
- NT-CLR Clear Dipping Glaze or S-2101 Crystal Clear Brushing Glaze
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- CB-106 #6 Script Liner
1. Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
2. Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 3 coats of FN-011 Light Blue to the face of the plate and the outside of the mug.
3. Cut the napkin into 1" strips.
4. Using a CB-106 #6 Script Liner, apply 1 heavy coat of SC-27 Sour Apple to create the palm trees. Repeat this design about every 2" down the napkin.
5. Once the design is complete lay the napkin glaze side down in a straight line down the center of the plate. Use a moist sponge on the napkin to transfer the image.
6. Repeat this process until both items are covered in rowns of palm trees. I staggered the rows. You can use the same napkin several times before it gets too saturated to work.
7. Using a CB-106 #6 Script Liner, apply 3 brushstrokes of SC-89 Cutie Pie Coral to create the flamingos. Repeat this down the rows between the palm trees. Leave room for the dots, so do every other blank space.
8. Use the back end of your brush and apply one glop of SC-6 Sunkissed between the flamingos.
9. Using SG-401 Black Designer Liner, draw the eyes, beaks, and legs, onto the flamingos.
10. Once it is dry, apply 1 coat of S-2101 Crystal Clear Brushing on top of everything. Alternatively, you can dip the piece into NT-CLR Clear Dipping Glaze.
11. Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 3 coats of SC-89 Cutie Pie Coral to the back of the plate/ inside of the mug.
12. Let dry completely.
13. Stilt and fire to shelf cone 06/05.