- Last Updated: Monday, 14 September 2015 16:52
- MB-101 Coupe Salad Plate
- SC-36 Irish Luck, SC-24 Dandelion, SC-73 Candy Apple Red, SC-15 Tuxedo, S-2101 Clear
- DSS-0133 Merry Christmas, AC-310 Silkscreen Medium, CB-110 Liner, CB-106 Script Liner, CB-604 Soft Fan, BT-910 Sythetic Sponge
- palette knife, food coloring
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Place some SC-26 Irish Luck on a palette or tile and sprinkle with AC-310 Silkscreen Medium. Using a palette knife, mix color and medium to the consistency of peanut butter. If the mix is too thin add more AC-310 Silkscreen Medium or if it is too thick add more Stroke & Coat. Too thin of a mixture will bleed under the screen and give you a blurred image. Too thick of a mixture will make it hard for the product to penetrate through the holes in the screen and give blank areas in your screen.
- Thicken SC-15 Tuxedo with AC-310 Silkscreen Medium on a seperate tile, and set aside for later.
- Using the pine needle screen from DSS-0133 Merry Christmas, rub the thickened SC-36 Irish Luck on the screen next to the rim of the plate. Use the screen shiny side up to get a darker green through the screen. Continue to screen till the border is full.
- On a tile, mix S-2101 Clear with food coloring to deepen and tint the color, then add AC-310 Silkscreen Medium to the S-2101 Clear to thicken. Use a palette knife to mix the Medium and the glaze.
- Using the bells from DSS-0133 Merry Christmas screen, place the screen shiny side down, and rub the tinted clear over the bells. This screen is only for color placement. Gently wash the screen.
- Using CB-110 Liner and CB-106 Script liner, apply 2 coats of SC-24 Dandelion to the bells.
- Using CB-110 Liner and CB-106 Script liner, apply 2 coats of SC-73 Candy Apple Red to the berries and edges of the bow.
- Using CB-110 Liner and CB-106 Script liner, apply 2 coats of SC-36 Irish Luck to the holly leaves.
- When completely dry, place the bell screen, shiny side down over the painted bells making sure the screen is lined up. Using your thickend SC-15 Tuxedo from earlier, rub the thickened Tuxedo over the screen.
- Using the Merry Christmas screen from DSS-0133, place the screen on the plate, and rub the thickened Tuxedo over the words.
- Using CB-106 Script Liner, apply 2 coats of SC-73 Candy Apple Red to the edge of the plate.
- Using C-604 Soft Fan, apply 2 coats of S-2101 Clear over the front and back of the plate.
- Stilt and fire to cone 05/06.