- Last Updated: Monday, 10 April 2017 18:37
- 6" Bisque Tile
- FN-52 Tangerine
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- SC-24 Dandelion
- SC-26 Green Thumb
- SC-43 Lettuce Alone
- SC-73 Candy Apple Red
- ST-127 Crackle Stamp
- DSS-0122 Vegetables Silkscreen
- AC-310 Silkscreen Medium
- Begin with a properly fired shelf cone 04 Bisque tile. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust making sure not to over saturate the bisque.
- Base coat tile with three coats of FN-52 Tangerine using a CB-604 #4 Glaze Brush. Allow to dry.
- Cut out the Vegetable patterns and trace them on the tile using a pencil. Wet the paper patterns and place them over the traced areas matching up the design. Press the paper onto the tile making sure the paper has adhered leaving no gaps.
- Using AC-213 Sponge on a Stick load the sponge with SC-15 Tuxedo making sure not to overload the applicator. Too much color will result in a blurred messy image. Tap the color onto the stamp in an up and down motion not side to side. Turn the stamp over onto the desired area and press down on the stamp so that the stamp is making contact with the area you want stamped. Make sure not to rub back and forth or this will cause a double image. Cover the top of the tile with the ST-127 crackle stamp design.
- Lift the paper patterns. For the Broccoli, Paint two coats of SC-43 Lettuce Alone on the stems and two coats of SC-26 Green Thumb on the Curd of the broccoli. Allow to dry
- For the Pepper, paint two coats of SC-24 Dandelion on the body of the pepper and two coats of SC-26 Green Thumb on the stem. Allow to dry
- For the tomatoes, apply two coats of SC-73 Candy Apple Red to the bodies of the tomatoes and two coats of SC-26 Green thumb to the stems. Allow to dry.
- Using the DSS-0122 Vegetable silkscreen, apply the Broccoli, pepper and tomato screens to the appropriate vegetable.
- Place some SC-15 Tuxedo on a palette or tile and sprinkle with AC-310 Silkscreen Medium. Using a palette knife mix color and medium to the consistency of peanut butter. If the mix is too thin add more AC-310 Silkscreen Medium or if it is too thick add more Stroke & Coat. Too thin of a mixture will bleed under the screen and give you a blurred image. Too thick of a mixture will make it hard for the product to penetrate through the holes in the screen and give blank areas in your screen.
- Position the screen shiny side down on the piece. Hold in place, starting from the center out, Rub the mixture on the screen with your finger. Lift a corner up to check if you are applying enough color. Remove the screen and wash with water. Do not let the color dry in the screen. This will cause damage to the screen.
- How to use AC-310 Silkscreen Medium Video Link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXnf9tyeJN0
- Allow to dry and fire to a witness cone 05/06.