- Last Updated: Thursday, 27 August 2015 16:22
- MB-1116 Casualware Dinner Plate
- FN-008 Brown, SC-73 Candy Apple Red, SC-97 Cant-elope, SC-77 Glo-worm, SC-27 Sour Apple, S-2101 Clear
- SL-435E Curlicues, CB-604 Soft Fan, CB-106 Script Liner, Bt-910 Synthetic Sponge
- Scraffito Tool
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Lay the SL-435E Stencil in the center of the plate and pencil in some of the design to be a guide for color placement.
- Using CB-106 Script Liner, apply blocks of the various colors, SC-77 Glo-worm, SC-97 Cant-elope, SC-27 Sour Apple, and SC-73 Candy Apple Red to the penciled design. Space the color apart so the the colors are spread through the design. Let dry.
- Using CB-604 Soft Fan, apply two coats of FN-008 Brown over the design area, and three coats over the rest of the plate as well as the back.
- Let the glaze dry so that it is still damp but not sticky. Lay the stencil over the design area, and use the scraffito tool to remove the Brown glaze so the Stroke & Coat colors show through. Some of the FN-008 Brown will remain and does not have to be completely removed.
- Using CB-604 Soft Fan, apply one coat of S-2101 Crystal Clear to the top of the plate.
- Stilt and fire to cone 05/06.