- Last Updated: Tuesday, 15 January 2019 17:01
MB-1379 Starfish Dish
- FN-049 Flamingo
- FN-208 Crystal Coral
- FN-212 Blue Diamond
- SC-2 Melon-Choly
- SC-11 Blue Yonder
- SC-22 Carrot Top
- SC-30 Blue Dawn
- SC-73 Candy Apple Red
- SC-76 Cara-Bein Blue
- RB-144 #4 Soft Fan
- RB-106 #6 Script Liner
- AC-220 Detailer Tips and 1oz bottles (6)
- Rubbing Alcohol
1. Begin with properly fired cone 04 bisque. Moisten a sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
2. Using the Soft Fan with FN-208 Crystal Coral, apply one coat to the inside of the dish. Allow to dry completely.
3. Prepare the AC-220 Detailer Tips and 1oz bottles. Take six bottles and add 3/4 inch of glaze to each bottle. Do one for each of the following colors: SC-2 Melon-Choly, SC-11 Blue Yonder, SC-22 Carrot Top, SC-30 Blue Dawn, SC-73 Candy Apple Red and SC-76 Cara-Bein Blue. Add 1/4 inch of water to each bottle and shake with your thumb covering the hole. Add 1 inch of rubbing alcohol. Screw the caps on and shake vigorously. Cut the top of the tip with scissors. Test to make sure drops come out of the tip.
4. The inside of the starfish is divided into 5 sections. Do one section at a time and wait for it to dry before moving to the next section. Using the Soft Fan with FN-208 Crystal Coral, apply a thick coat to one of the sections. Use the dropper bottles with glaze to make dots. The dots should go from blues in the center of the starfish to reds towards the edge of the starfish. Complete all sections.
5. Using the Soft Fan with FN-049 Flamingo, apply two coats to the back of the plate. Allow glaze to dry between coats.
6. Using the Script Liner with FN-212 Blue Diamond, apply two coats to the rim of the plate. Allow glaze to dry between coats.
7. Fire to cone 06.