- Last Updated: Wednesday, 06 June 2018 18:50
MB-1405 Can It - Quart
- SC-11 Blue Yonder
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- SC-27 Sour Apple
- SC-31 The Blues
- SC-74 Hot Tamale
- SC-97 Cant-elope
- FN-041 Medium Blue
- S-2101 Clear Brushing Glaze OR NT-CLR Clear Dipping Glaze
- DSS-0152 Day of the Dead
- AC-310 Silkscreen Medium
- CB-106 #6 Script Liner
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- Palette Knife
- Food Coloring
1. Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 Bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
2. Slightly thin FN-041 Medium Blue with water. Pour inside the can, roll to coat, pour out the excess and drain.
3. Draw a pencil line down the center of the can.
4. Pour two tablespoons of S-2101 Clear onto a palette and tint with food coloring. Sprinkle with AC-310 Silkscreen Medium and blend well with a palette knife to the consistency of peanut butter. Use the various screens from DSS-0152 Day of the Dead. Position the heart screen in the center of the can (shiny side down) and rub the mixture over the screen. Next, screen the medallions in various sizes around the heart. This screening is for color placement only.
5. Use the Script Liner to apply two coats of various colors to the medallions. Apply three coats of SC-74 Hot Tamale to the heart and three coats of SC-97 Cant-elope to the flame. Apply one thin coat of SC-31 The Blues to the wings.
6. Thicken SC-15 Tuxedo with AC-310 Silkscreen Medium as step 3. Place the screen directly onto the previously screened image (shiny side down). Check all sides to ensure it is in proper alignment. Rub the thickened Tuxedo over the screen.
7. Tape the edge at the top and bottom of the can. Use the Soft Fan to apply three coats of FN-041 Medium Blue at the top and bottom. Remove the tape.
8. Dip into NT-CLR Clear Dipping Glaze or use the Soft Fan to apply two coats of S-2101 Clear to the center section of the can.
9. Fire to cone 05/06.