- Last Updated: Saturday, 21 March 2020 14:16
- MB-1492 Faceted Turtle
- SC-14 Java Bean
- 37 Ivory Tower
- SC-52 Toad-ily Green
- SG-401 Black Designer Liner
- SG-408 Brown Designer Liner
- NT-CLR Clear Dipping or S-2101 Clear Brushing Glaze
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- Stiff Fan or Other Stiff Brush
- Crocheted Cotton Doily
1. Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 Bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove dust.
2. Use the Soft Fan to apply two coats of SC-52 Toad-ily Green to the shell.
3. Appy a third coat then place the cotton doily into the wet glaze. Brush back over with more glaze to seal the edges.
4. When the gloss leaves the glaze, use the Soft Fan to apply two coats of SC-14 Java Bean to the shell. Remove the doily with the gloss leaves the color.
5. Use the Soft Fan to apply two coats of SC-37 Ivory Tower to the body of the turtle. Let dry. Thin SC-52 Toad-ily Green iwth water and use the Stiff Fan or other stuff brush to apply color over the Ivory Tower. Brush off some of the Toad-ily Green to create an antiqued look.
6. When dry, outline the body of the turtle with SG-408 Brown. Outline the shell with SG-401 Black. The outlining on the shell can be done after firing, and a clear applied at that time, then re-fire.
7. Dip into NT-CLR Clear Dipping Glaze or use the Soft Fan to apply one coat of S-2101 Clear Brushing Glaze.
8. Fire to cone 05/06.