- Last Updated: Tuesday, 04 April 2017 16:44
- MB-1459 Faceted Elephant
- FN-037 Chartreuse
- CG-963 Lemon Lime
- S-2712 Monsoon Seas
- SG-401 Black Designer Liner
- S-2101 Crystal Clear Brushing Glaze
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- CB-106 #6 Script Liner
- BT-910 Synthetic Sponge
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Brush on two coats of S-2712 Monsoon Seas to the body of the elephant. Do not apply to the tail, feet, edge of ears or tip of the trunk. After the last coat sets up, but is not dry, brush the glaze with water (over the edges of the facets). This will help show the faceted lines on the elephant.
- Use the CB-604 Soft Fan to apply one coat of CG-963 Lemon Lime to the back and top of the elephant's head. Be sure to use lots of crystals. Brush with water as you did with Monsoon Seas.
- Remove the glaze from the feet, tail, edge of ears, and tip of nose. Use the CB-106 Script Liner or CB-604 Soft Fan to apply three coats of FN-037 Chartreuse to these areas.
- When dry, if desired, outline the facets on the Chartreuse areas with SG-401 Black. Apply clear glaze to these areas when dry. Use S-2101 Clear with the CB-106 Script Liner brush.
- Fire to cone 06.