- Last Updated: Tuesday, 25 April 2017 14:19
- MB-1431 Faceted Giraffe, MB-1430 Faceted Rhino
- SC-11 Blue Yonder, SC-75 Orange A Peel, SC-6 Sunkissed, SC-97 Cant-elope, SC-73 Candy Apple Red, SC-76 Cara-bein Blue, SG-404 Blue, S-2101 Clear
- CB-604 Soft Fan, CB-106 Script Liner
- MC-001 6mm Low Tack Masking Tape, MC-002 12mm Low Tack Masking Tape
- Begin with a properly fired shelf cone 04 Bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust .
- The Mexican blanket look is done in small scale on the giraffe and a large scale on the rhino.
- Use MC-001 and/or MC-002 Low Tack Masking Tape for the white line in the small scale and on a few faceted sections of the rhino.
- For sharp paint edges, tape can be applied around the edges of the faceted shapes, or use a sponge to remove color that extends beyond the shape.
- Use CB-106 #6 Script Liner to brush on both sides of the tape with SC-11 Blue Yonder, add SC-76 Cara-bein Blue to one side of the brush to fade from SC-11 Blue Yonder to a dark SC-76 Cara-bein Blue. Apply two coats.
- On one side of the blue stripe, brush SC-97 Cant-elope with CB-106 #6 Script Liner, keeping the edge sharp next to the blue, fade the color to SC-6 Sunkissed. Apply two coats.
- On the other side of the blue stripe, brush a sharp edge of SC-75 Orange A Peel, add SC-73 Candy Apple Red to the brush to change color. Use CB-106 #6 Script Liner applying two coats.
- Use the various colors to apply solid color to the small sections of the giraffe such as the hooves, horns, ears, mane and tail.
- The rhino has a few blanket like sections, but mostly uses the color fades on the larger sections of the facets.
- Fade the color the same way, SC-75 Orange a Peel fade to SC-73 Candy Apple Red, SC-11 Blue Yonder fades to SC-76 Cara-bein Blue, SC-6 Sunkissed fades to SC-97 Cant-elope. Use CB-106 Script Liner brushing on two coats.
- After the color is dry, outline all the faceted shapes with SG-404 Blue.
- Brush on two coats of S-2101 Clear, or dip in a Clear.
- Remove the glaze from the bottom and fire to cone 05/06.