- Last Updated: Tuesday, 24 June 2014 18:17
- MB-1365 Feather Tray
- SC-5 Tiger Tail
- SC-24 Dandelion
- SC-34 Down To Earth
- SC75 Orange-A-Peel
- SC-94 Curry Around
- S-2101 Crystal Clear Brushing
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- BT-910 Synthetic Sponges
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Thin slightly SC 34 Down to Earth with some water. Use wash with a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan brush over the whole piece. Once this is dry wipe off the top with a damp sponge leaving the wash in the grooves of the bisque. It may be necessary to repeat this step over until the desired look is achieved. Allow to dry.
- Place small portions of SC-24 Dandelion, SC-75 Orange-A-Peel, SC-5 Tiger Tail, and SC-94 Curry Around on a palette.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, start layering sections of color starting at the spine of the feather moving toward the end. Do this for 2 coats.
- On the back of the piece over lap the same colors used on the front following the shape of the feather. Allow to dry.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 1-2 coat of S-2101 Crystal Clear Brushing to the piece. Allow to dry.
- Stilt and fire to shelf cone 06/05.