- Last Updated: Thursday, 02 July 2015 14:22
- MB-890 11" Asian Flair Square Plate
- FN-019 Dark Blue, FN-212 Blue Diamond, FN-213 Saffire Blue, SC-15 Tuxedo, SC-16 Cotton Tail, SC-34 Down To Earth, SC-73 Candy Apple Red, SC-74 Hot Tamale, SG-401 Designer Liner, SG-302 Snowfall Decorating Accessories
- CB-106 #6 Script Liner, CB-110 #10/0 Mini Liner, CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, BT-910 Synthetic Sponge, AC-222 Medium Writer Tip, AC-230 Clay Carbon Paper
- Download: Pattern
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 2 coats of FN-212 Blue Diamond to the top of the plate, brushing in different directions to avoid getting streaks. Allow to dry.
- With a pencil and AC-230 Clay Carbon Paper, trace on the pattern.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 1 coat of FN-213 Saffire Blue on the right side of the Cardinal, and some on the right side of the plate for a shadow.
- Using a CB-106 #6 Script Liner, apply 2-3 coats of SC-74 Hot Tamale to the cardinal and the berries, and apply some berries with SC-73 Candy Apple Red for separation.
- Using a CB-106 #6 Script Liner, float some SC-16 Cotton Tail to the lower section of the berries for a highlight.
- Use SG-401 Designer Liner to outline the tree branches then apply near or on the line with SC-34 Down to Earth.
- Pour some of SG-302 Snowfall into the AC-222 Medium Writer Tip, use the metal tip to apply snow in the crooks of the branches and to make small dots for a snowing effect.
- Using a CB-110 #10/0 Liner, apply SC-15 Tuxedo on the cardinal for the markings and to outline the wings, and beak.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 3 coats of FN-019 Dark Blue to the back of the plate. Allow to dry.
- Stilt and fire to shelf cone 05/06.