- Last Updated: Monday, 27 April 2015 19:15
- MB-1303 Envelope Vase
- FN-006 Blue, FN-011 Light Blue, S-2101 Crystal Clear Brushing Glaze
- DSS-115 Dragons, ST-122 Chinese Symbol, AC-310 Silkscreen Medium, BT-910 Synthetic Sponge, CB-110 #10/0 Mini Liner, CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, MC-002 12mm Low Tack Masking Tape
- Palette, Palette Knife
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Use the CB-604 #4 Soft Fan brush and apply 3 coats of FN-006 Blue to the inside of the vase and rim. Allow to dry completely. *Instead of using a brush, slightly thin FN-006 Blue with water (3:1), pour inside and rotate to coat interior. Once coated, pour out excess and keep inverted until completely drained/dried.
- Using MC-002 12mm Low Tack Masking Tape, tape off a section of the vase on the left. Leave enough room for the dragon screen on the right.
Using CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 2 coats of FN-011 Light Blue to the smaller section of the vase. Allow the glaze to dry completely between coats.
Use the Chinese dragon from DSS-115 Dragons, shiny side down, on the larger side of the vase. Rub the thickened blue mixture over the screen. Remove screen, rinse and lay flat to dry.
- Using the dry BT-910 Synthetic Sponge, dab FN-006 Blue over the ST-122 Chinese Symbol Stamp. Stamp on top of the FN-011 Light Blue side.
- Use the CB-110 #10/0 Mini Liner and the FN-006 Blue to create a solid line between the two sections.
- Once all is completely dry, apply 2 coats of S-2101 Crystal Clear Brushing glaze with a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan brush to the side with the silkscreen and any unglazed areas.
- Stilt and fire to cone 06.