- 6" Tile
- SC-11 Blue Yonder
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- SC-16 Cotton Tail
- SC-41 Brown Cow
- SC-52 Toadily Green
- SC-76 Cara-Bein Blue
- SC-95 Pinkie Swear
- SC-97 Cant-elope
- S-2701 Peacock Eyes
- AC-230 Clay Carbon Paper
- AC-310 Silkscreen Medium
- BT-910 Synthetic Sponge
- CB-106 #6 Script Liner
- CB-110 #10/0 Mini Liner
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- DSS-0109 Aviary - Large Birds
- Palette Knife
- Download: Pattern
Designer: Marcia Roullard
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque tile. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Using a pencil and AC-230 Clay Carbon Paper, transfer the pattern onto the tile.
- Using CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 2 heavy coats of SC-16 Cotton Tail to the owl outline, brushing slightly past the penciled line.
- Using CB-604 #4 Soft Fan and CB-106 #6 Script Liner, apply one coat of S-2701 Peacock Eyes to the tile, keeping glaze off of the owl area.
- Using CB-106 #6 Script Liner, apply 2 heavy coats of SC-52 Toadily Green to the leaves, brushing SC-97 Cant-elope in the center.
- Using CB-106 #6 Script Liner, apply 2 coats of SC-95 Pinkie Swear and SC-97 Cant-elope in different sections of the flower.
- On a palette, with a palette knife, thicken Sc-15 Tuxedo with AC-310 Silkscreen Medium to the consistency of peanut butter.
- Align the owl from DSS-0109 Aviary - Large Birds, grain side up, with the painted owl section on the tile.
- Using a squeegee, rub the thickened SC-15 Tuxedo mixture over the screen to screen the owl image. Remove screen, rinse to wash screen and lay flat to dry.
- Using CB-106 #6 Script Liner, apply2 coats of SC-41 Brown Cow to the tree and branches in the direction of bark and branches.
- Using CB-106 #6 Script Liner, brush the background with 2 coats of SC-11 blue Yonder, adding SC-76 Cara-Bein Blue towards the upper sky, blending colors together where they meet.
- Using CB-110 #10/0 Mini Liner and SC-15 Tuxedo, outline and detail the flower, leaves and tree.
- Realign the owl screen over the owl and screen the branch of the tree atop of the SC-41 Brown Cow glazes area.
- Fire to cone 06/05.