- Last Updated: Tuesday, 26 August 2014 15:43
- MB-891 14" Asian Flair Square Plate
- SC-75 Orange-A-Peel
- SC-33 Fruit of the Vine
- SC-6 Sunkissed
- SC-11 Blue Yonder
- SC-74 Hot Tamale
- SG-401 Black Designer Liner
- S-2101 Crystal Clear Brushing
- CB-110 #10/0 Liner
- CB-106 #6 Script Liner
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- AC-230 Clay Carbon Paper
- BT-910 Synthetic Sponge
- Pattern: Autumn Flower
Designer: Adena Griffith
- Wipe down the plate using a sponge and a small amount of water to remove any dust that may have been left on the piece.
- Use the Clay Carbon Paper to transfer the design to the front. There will be two parts to the pattern. You may choose to tape them to the piece to stabilize the paper while tracing.
- Use SC-401 Black Designer Liner and follow the pattern of the swirls. You will also use this for the lettering. If it is easier to use a small liner brush for the lettering add a drop of water to the designer liner to slightly thin. Do not add the dots to the leaves yet.
- Use a small rounded brush and SC-6 Sunkissed, SC-11 Blue Yonder, SC-33 Fruit of the Vine, SC-74 Hot Tamale, and SC-75 Orange-A-Peel to glaze the leaves. You will be layering and blending the colors.
- Work on one leaf at a time. When glazing the leaves you will start with the darkest color. Before it dries completely add the lighter tones to the leaf. This will allow you to blend the colors as you use soft, short brushstrokes. You may choose to move back and forth from the colors until you assist with the blending process.
- Once the glaze is dry apply the dots to the leaves following the pattern.
- Once that is dry apply three coats of S-2101 Crystal Clear Brushing glaze to the front and back of the piece.
- Fire to cone 06.