MB-1461 Clay Clipboard
- SC-2 Melon-Choly
- SC-6 Sunkissed
- SC-11 Blue Yonder
- SC-13 Grapel
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- SC-16 Cotton Tail
- SC-24 Dandelion
- SC-27 Sour Apple
- NT-CLR Clear Dipping Glaze or NT-BR Clear Brushing Glaze
- RB-144 #4 Soft Fan
- RB-106 #6 Scrip Liner
- RB-110 10/0 Detail Liner
- AC-310 Silkscreen Medium
- MC-002 12mm Low Track Masking Tape
- AC-220 Detailer Tips and 1 oz Bottle
- DSS-1056 Llama Drama
- Palette knife
- Rubbing alcohol
- Needle tool
- Permanent marker
1. Begin with properly fired cone 04 bisque. Moisten a sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
2. Take the MC-002 12mm Low Track Masking Tape and cover the top of the Clipboard, where the clip will be glued.
3. Take the DSS-1056 Llama Drama screen and find the llama and cactus. Draw an outline around them in permanent marker. Cut them out with excess screen around the edges.
4. Squeeze about two tablespoons of SC-15 Tuxedo onto the plate. Add a pinch of AC-310 Silkscreen Medium. Mix with a palette knife until it becomes the consistency of peanut butter. You may need to add more Silkscreen Medium or Glaze.
5. Place the llama in the lower right corner of the Clipboard. While holding it firmly in place, take a small amount of premixed Silkscreen Medium, and gently rub in circles starting in the center and working outward. Slowly pull up the screen to avoid smearing. Repeat for the cactus in the lower left portion of the Clipboard.
6. Using the Soft Fan and Script Liner (to outline screens) with SC-2 Melon-Choly, apply one coat of glaze to the bottom half of the Clipboard. Using the Soft Fan with SC-16 Cotton Tail, blend with the SC-2 Melon-Choly in the center of the Clipboard and continue to the top of the Clipboard. After dry, repeat for a second coat.
7. Using the AC-220 Detailer Tips and 1 oz Bottle, squeeze SC-24 Dandelion into the bottle until it is 1/4 full. Add 1/4 water and shake. Fill the remaining 1/2 with rubbing alcohol. Put the cap on and cut the tip with scissors. Shake vigorously. Make sure the glaze at top of the Clipboard is still wet. If not, add more glaze. Drop 5-10 drops in the upper left corner of the Clipboard to make the sun.
8. Using the Detail Liner and SC-27 Sour Apple, apply two coats to the cactus. Allow glaze to dry between coats.
9. Using the Detail Liner and SC-13 Grapel, SC-6 Sunkissed, SC-27 Sour Apple and SC-11 Blue Yonder apply two coats to the corresponding sections of the llama's saddle blanket. Refer to picture. Allow glaze to dry between coats.
10. Take the needle tool and make lines coming out from the sun.
11. Using the Soft Fan, apply one coat of S-2101 Clear Brushing Glaze or dip into NT-CLR Clear Dipping Glaze.
12. Pull off the 12mm tape at the top of the Clipboard.
13. Fire to cone 06.
14. After the Clipboard has cooled, use epoxy to glue on the clip following the directions or refer to 'Clipboard - Attaching the clip' video on the Mayco YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-E3Qb6SQrWE