- Last Updated: Monday, 18 March 2019 14:22
CD-1332 Owl Cookie Jar Mold
- FN-004 Red
- CG-984 Lady Bug
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- SC-24 Dandelion
- SC-51 Poo Bear
- CB-404 #4 Pointed Round
- CB-604 # 4 Soft Fan
- SLED1 Low Fire White Casting Slip
- Trim Knife
- Mold Straps
Designer: Timothy McPherson
- Strap the molds, and cast with Low Fire Casting Slip.
- When leather hard, trim and carefully remove from the mold.
- Using a cutout knife, cut heart shapes to the wings and the center of the eyes. Allow to dry.
- Clean the ware, and bisque fire to shelf cone 04.
- Using the Pointed Round, apply 3 coats of SC-24 Dandelion to the outside area of the eyes and feet.
- Using the Pointed Round, apply 3 coats of SC-51 Poo Bear to the beak.
- Using the Pointed Round, side load in SC-51 Poo Bear and shade around the eyes and feet.
- Using the Soft Fan, apply 2 coats of FN-004 Red to the chest and 3 coats to the inside and remaining body, excluding the wings.
- Using the Soft Fan, apply 1 thinned coat of FN-004 Red to the chest, and while still wet, press the lace into the wet color and press firmly with a paper towel.
- When the chest area loses its wet look, apply 1 coat of SC-15 Tuxedo over the lace using the Soft Fan.
- Just as the color starts to lose its wet look, remove the lace.
- Using the Pointed Round, apply 2 coats of SC-15 Tuxedo to the center portion of the eyes.
- Stilt and fire to shelf cone 05/06.