- Last Updated: Monday, 04 March 2019 15:39
- MB-1406 Top Hat
- FN-007 Green, FN-020 Medium Green, FN-044 Yellow-Orange, SC-8 Just Froggy, SC-15 Tuxedo, SC-20 Cashew Later, SC- 42 Butter Me Up, SC-51 Poo Bear
- BT-910 Synthetic Sponge, CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, CB-106 #6 Script Liner, CB-110 #10/0 Mini Liner
- Pencil, Scissors
- Download: Pattern
Designer: Carmen Allen
- Begin with a properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Cut out the ear patterns and use a pencil to outline the design onto the bisque.
- Using a CB-106 #6 Script Liner, apply 2 coats of SC-20 Cashew Later to the ears; make sure to glaze all the way to or even a bit beyond the pencil line.
- Moisten the paper cutouts with clean water, align and apply to the glazed ears to act as a resist.
- Repeat the above steps with the buckle cut out; Cutting out of pattern, filling the outline in with SC-42 Butter Me Up and applying the paper as a resist.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 3 coats of FN-020 Medium Green to the exterior, rim of the hat. When applying the coats add some FN-007 Green to the brush to add some variation to the hat.
- Remove the paper resists.
- Using a CB-106 #6 Script Liner, apply 2 coats of SC-15 Tuxedo the create a band around the hat and 2 coats of SC-8 Just froggy to the clover.
- Using a CB-110 #10/0 Mini Liner, apply 1 coat to the outline of the ears, buckle, and clover.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 3 coats of FN-044 Yellow-Orange to the inside of the hat.
- Let dry completley.
- Stilt and fire to shelf cone 06/05.