- Last Updated: Monday, 30 April 2018 16:38
MB-1449 Flamingo Mug
- CG-968 Peppermint Twist
- FN-049 Flamingo
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- SC-26 Green Thumb
- SC-48 Camel Back
- SC-70 Pink-A-Dot
- SG-401 Black Designer Liner
- S-2101 Clear
- DSS-0147 Island
- AC-310 Silkscreen Medium
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- CB-110 #10/0 Liner
- CB-106 #6 Script Liner
- Palette Knife
- Food Coloring
1. Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 Bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
2. Slightly thin FN-049 Flamingo. Pour inside the mug, roll to coat, pour out the excess glaze and drain.
3. Outline the flamingo, feathers, legs, and head with SG-401 Black. Use the Script Liner to apply three coats of SC-70 Pink-A-Dot to the legs and three coats of CG-968 Peppermint Twist to the body.
4. Use the Liner to apply one coat of SC-15 Tuxedo to the tip of the beak, outline the eye and fill in the pupil.
5. Use a palette knife to thicken S-2101 Clear with AC-310 Silkscreen Medium to the consistency of peanut butter. Add a drop of food coloring to tint the glaze. Use the palm trees and hibiscus from DSS-0147 Island, with the shiny side down, rub the tinted and thickened clear over the screens, continue around the mug. This is for color placement only.
6. Use the Script Liner to apply two coats of SC-26 Green Thumb to the palm trees and SC-48 Camel Back to the trunks. Shade the hibiscus with SC-70 Pink-A-Dot.
7. Thicken SC-15 Tuxedo as in step 4 (without clear glaze and food coloring). Place the palm screens over the painted screens on the mug, checking to see the screens line up with the painted images. Rub the thickened Tuxedo over the screens.
7. Use the Soft Fan to apply two coats of S-2101 Clear over the outside of the mug, except for the Peppermint Twist crystal glaze.
8. Fire to cone 06.