MB-1397 Message Plaque
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- SC-16 Cotton Tail
- SC-45 My Blue Heaven
- AC-230 Clay Carbon Paper
- AC-310 Silkscreen Medium
- DSS-0142 Hipster
- RB-106 #6 Script Liner
- RB-110 10/0 Detail Liner
- Palette Knife
- Permanent Marker
1. Begin with properly fired cone 04 bisque. Moisten a sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
2. Using the Script Liner with SC-16 Cotton Tail, apply 1 coat to the front of the message plaque.
3. Cut out the 2 rectangles, dip them in water, then place them on the front of the message plaque.
4. Using the Script Liner with SC-45 My Blue Heaven, apply 2 coats to the front of the message plaque. Allow glaze to dry between coats.
5. On the DSS-0142 Hipster screen, locate the record. Draw an outline around it in permanent marker. Cut it out with excess screen around the edges.
6. Squeeze about 2 TBS of SC-15 Tuxedo onto the plate. Add a pinch of AC-310 Silkscreen Medium. Mix with a palette knife until it becomes the consistency of peanut butter. You may need to add more Silkscreen Medium or glaze.
7. Place the record on the front of the message plaque. While holding it firmly in place, take a small amount of premixed Silkscreen Medium, and gently rub in circles starting in the center and working outward. Slowly pull up the screen to avoid smearing. Repeat.
8. Pull up the 2 rectangle patterns before the glaze is completely dry.
9. Place the clay carbon paper over the areas where the rectangles were located. Place the "Best Dad" and "On Record" patterns over the clay carbon paper and trace. Use the Detail Liner with SC-15 Tuxedo to trace the lettering.
10. Using the Script Liner with SC-15 Tuxedo, apply 2 coats to the sides and back of the message plaque. Allow glaze to dry between coats.
11. Fire to cone 06.