- Last Updated: Monday, 18 March 2019 14:54
- MB-1425 Fish Vase
- EL-137 Black Adventurine
- FN-009 Black
- EL-207 Gold Mine
- BT-910 Synthetic Sponge
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- CB-106 #6 Script Liner
- Bubble Wrap
Designer: Maria Pilar
- Begin with a properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Thin FN-009 Black slightly with water (3:1). Pour inside vase to coat interior. Roll the glaze inside to fully coat. Pour out excess and keep inverted until all excess glaze has be removed. Wipe away any drips with a dampened BT-910 Synthetic Sponge.
- Using CB-106 #6 Liner, brush 3 coats of FN-009 Black to the lips and eyes of the vase.
- Using CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, brush the body of the fish with EL-207 Gold Mine, 3 coats.
- Using CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, brush the head, tail and fin with three coats of EL-137 Black Adventurine, recede the last coat on the head area, fin and tail by one inch.
- Using CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, brsh the body of the fish with 1 coat of EL-137 Black Adventurine. Lay the fish on its side and brush half at a time. Immediately after brushing, press on bubble wrap and remove. Repeat on the other side of the fish.
- Stilt and fire to cone 06.