- Last Updated: Thursday, 24 July 2014 18:20
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- SC-26 Green Thumb
- SC-75 Orange-A-Peel
- EL-137 Black Adventurine
- CB-106 - #6 Script Liner
- CB-110 - #10/0 Liner
- CB-604 - #4 Soft Fan
- BT-910 - Synthetic Sponges
- CD-1177 Pumpkin
- Designer: Marcia Roullard
- Skill Level: Basic
- Time: 1½ hours
Votive - Pumpkin
- Cast the pumpkin using Castable directions.
- Prepare a slab and create a cylinder (votive) per hand building directions. Trim the cylinder height to 4" after attaching the container bottom.
- Cut one side of the pumpkin to create a flat surface; this is where we'll attach it to the votive.
- Slip attach the pumpkin to the votive.
- Using a X-Acto knife (or similar tool) to cut-out two rows of triangles on the votive.
- Clean up any rough edges and seam lines using water and your finger.
- Bisque fire to shelf cone 04/05.
- Using a CB-106 #6 Script Liner, apply 3 coats of SC-75 Orange-A-Peel to the pumpkin and 2-3 coats of SC-26 Green Thumb to the stem.
- With a Pencil, sketch on the eyes, nose and mouth.
- Using a CB-110 #10/0 Liner, apply SC-15 Tuxedo to the eyes, nose and mouth.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 3 coats of EL-137 Black Adventurine to the inside and the outside of the votive. Allow to dry.
- Stilt and fire to shelf cone 05/06.