- Last Updated: Wednesday, 21 December 2016 20:19
- MB-101 Coupe Salad Plate
- FN-008 Brown
- FN-014 Antique White
- FN-205 Saddle Tan
- SC-5 Tiger Tail
- SC-14 Java Bean,
- SC-26 Green Thumb
- SC-81 Cinnamon Stix
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- CB-106 #6 Script Liner
- CB-110 #10/0
- AC-230 Clay Carbon Paper
- AC-302 Wax Resist
- AC-310 Silkscreen Medium
- DSS-111 Botanical Leaves
- Pattern: Download
1. Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
2. Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 2 coats of FN-014 Antique White to the front of the plate.
3. Place some SC-5 Tiger Tail, SC-14 Java Bean and SC-26 Green Thumb on a palette or tile and sprinkle each with AC-310 Silkscreen Medium. Using a palette knife mix each color and medium to the consistency of thick peanut butter. if the mix is too thin add more AC-310 Silkscreen Medium or if it is too thick add more Stroke & Coat. Too thin of a mixture will bleed under the screen and give you a blurred image. Too thick of a mixture will make it hard for the product to penetrate through the holes in the screen and give blank areas in your screen.
4. Choose a couple leaves to use and position the screen shiny side down on the piece. Hold in place, starting from the center out, Rub the mixture on the screen with your finger. Lift a corner up to check if you are applying enough color. You may use more than one color on each leaf to make the leaves look like they are changing colors. Remove the screen and repeat a couple times immediately. If the screen isn't coming through as well or when you have the desired amount of leaves wash with water. Do not let the color dry in the screen. this will cause damage to the screen.
5. Using AC-230 Clay Carbon Paper, transfer the leaf designs onto the plate.
6. Using a CB-106 #6 Script Liner, apply 1 coat of AC-302 Wax Resist onto the inside of the traced leaves. Be sure to condition your brush with liquid soap prior to dipping into the Wax Resist.
7. Once the wax is dry, apply 2 coats of FN-205 Saddle Tan. You may want to use a clean and damp sponge or brush to help remove any excess beading that occurs on the wax resist.
8. Using a CB-110 #10/0 Mini Liner, apply 1 coat of FN-008 Brown to outline the leaves.
9. Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 3 coats of FN-008 Brown to the back of the plate.
0. Let dry comepletely.
11. Stilt and fire to shelf cone 06/05.