- Last Updated: Tuesday, 04 April 2017 16:23
- MB-1460 Sliced Pumpkin
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- SC-26 Green Thumb
- SC-34 Down To Earth
- SC-75 Orange-A-Peel
- SC-81 Cinnamon Stix
- CB-110 #10/0 Liner
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- Tissue Paper
- Permanent Marker
1. Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
2. Using the CB-604 #4 Soft Fan apply two coats of SC-81 Cinnamon Stix to the pumpkin. Use the Soft Fan to apply two coats of SC-34 Down To Earth onto the shadow areas on the pumpkin and the stem.
3. Wet the cheesecloth and wring out the excess water. Unfold the fabric so there is enough to go around the entire pumpkin (excluding the stem).
4. Apply another coat of the base colors. While the glaze is wet place the cheesecloth onto the piece. Be sure to remove any gaps. Apply a light coat of the base colors (SC-34 and SC-81) over the cheesecloth.
5. Let the glaze sit for a few minutes. Gently press a paper towel onto the pumpkin to remove excess glaze. This will aid in drying.
6. When dry to the touch, use the Soft Fan to apply two coats of SC-75 Orange A Peel to the pumpkin. Remove the cheesecloth after the second coat loses its shine.
7. Use the permanent marker to trace the design onto tissue paper. Once the pumpkin is dry, center the tissue paper with the wording onto the pumpkin and go over the words with permanent marker.
8. Using the CB-110 Liner, apply one generous coat of SC-15 Tuxedo to the words.
9. Us the Soft Fan to apply two coats of SC-34 Down To Earth to the stem. Using the same brush, apply a few of strokes of SC-26 Green Thumb to the stem, allowing some of the brown to show through.
10. Fire to cone 05/06.